Wednesday 13 February 2019

Kesarbai Kerkar - Rarest of the Rare - Vol. 4 - Live - Raga Kedar

Copy of the cover of the cassette

I have two copies of this cassette, both on CD. The first is a private CD made by our friend DM in 2001. I don't know if it was made directly from the original cassette or from a copy on cassette, perhaps from the collection of James Stevenson, as two of our previous posts. The second I purchased a few years ago, also as a privately made CD, from an Indian collector. This one is about 10 minutes longer. How much it corresponds to the original cassette I don't know. If these are the two sides of one cassette merged into one track I also don't know. And there is still a question regarding a small gap around minute 44:35.
But anyway, the second seems, because of its length, the more satisfying. So we post here this one.


1 comment: