Saturday 14 July 2018

Habil Aliyev (1927-2015) - Kemencheh from Azerbaijan - Bayat-e Shiraz, Dogah & Segah - Cassette released in Iran probably in the late 1980s or the 1990s


Here a beautiful cassette by the great Habil Aliyev, perhaps the greatest Kemenche master of the 20th century. I still remember vividly the moment, in the 1970s, when I first really became aware of the magic of his music: I had the old Bärenreiter Unesco LP Azerbaijan on my record player and had fallen asleep for a moment and woke up to the sound of his Kemenche. In the first moment I didn't know where I was and was just completely amazed about the sounds of this exquisite music which I perceived as the two voices of lovers in an extremely intimate conversation which went directly deep into my heart.
The cassette contains on side 1: Bayat-e Shiraz and on side 2: Dogah & Segah.
In 2015 we had posted an LP by him. Next we will post another cassette released in Iran and then another LP from 1976.

2 comments:

Coltra said...

Thanks a lot Tawfiq for this Kemencheh records.

Psikofobi said...

Teşekkürler...